Several food processors are available in the market that gives competition to each other in all aspects. They are the best option for anyone who hates working and performing activities like shredding, slicing, chopping, and slicing. The food processor can be used to make your life much easier by avoiding these tasks.
However, they vary significantly based on the facilities it provides and also based on the prices. Another point to keep in mind is that each cook requires different types of food processors to suit their culinary needs. The consumers generally give priority to the price of the food processor rather than going into the technicalities of the product. Often they only concentrate on the features that are visible superficially. Thus, the article below has brought before you to justify the investment made by the consumers.
Top 10 Best Food Processors in India 2019 – Reviews
The food processors enlisted below are the ten best food processors that are available in the market and the features and the advantages and disadvantages of buying each of the food processors.
1. Inalsa Food Processor Fiesta
- Ultimate kitchen multi-tasker– With 100% Pure Copper Motor of 650-Watt that makes your processing faster & more efficient. Be it chopping, dough-mix, slicing, shredding & grating whatever ingredients you’ll have your work will be done in a jiffy, Over Load Protector for Motor Safety
- All in one–This appliance is suitable for chopping, shredding, slicing and emulsifying foods. It can make citrus and vegetable juice, beat cake batter and egg whites, knead bread-dough & grind meats and vegetables
- Watt: 650-watt food processor
- Jars: 2 Jars
- Capacity of Jars: 1 L and 1.5 L
- USP: Atta kneader and egg whisker
- Warranty: 5-Years
The Inalsa Food Processor Fiesta 650 – Watt is the kitchen master that is sure to help you multitask and come up with the best food. The food processor makes the processing more efficient as well as quicker. The processor can do anything, be it chopping, slicing, shredding, dough-mixing, or anything or any ingredient that one needs to work within the preparation of the meal.
The processor works on the Overload Protector for Motor Safety technology, and the work is done in no time. The processor has everything in one and is suitable even for emulsifying food. The processor can make beat the batter for the cake and the egg whites. It can make citrus fruit and vegetable juices, grind vegetables and meat, and so much more.
The Inalsa Food Processor has a smooth and silent working mechanism and it is easy to maintain as well. The processor can be cleaned perfectly and easily after use and the attachments can be removed from the main motor and maintained well. The fiesta provides the user with very peaceful cooking experience.
- Processing a large quantity of food at once
- The superior quality of motor blades
- Wide feeder tube; large meal fits in easily
- Excellent working processor and maintenance of food’s essence
- Jars are BPA free
- Glossy surface, cheap build quality
- Problematic lock button
2. Bajaj Food Factory FX 11 600-Watt Food Processor (White)
- Its in-built locking mechanism ensure consumer safety, The twist and lock mechanism of the processing bowl have to be applied properly in-order to start the food processor
- Sturdy and powerful 600 watts, 18000 RPM motor, 3 speed control & pulse function
- Watt: 600-watts processor+18000 RPM motor
- Jars: 3
- Capacity of Jars: 0.3 L, 1L, and 1.5L
- USP: Interlocking system
- Warranty: 2-years product+5 years processor
The Bajaj Food Factory FX 11 600-Watt Food Processor is the one you can enhance the cooking process with as it comes with a durable body and has powerful food jars. This food processor is convenient and can perform several functions and reduce all of your time consuming and tedious tasks.
The food processor has a classy design and a sturdy built for durability and an extended usage period. The Bajaj Food Processor comes with a processing bowl and a liquidizing jar and both these are made up of durable polycarbonate. A chutney jar also accompanies the processor and a stainless steel grinder and about 1.5-liter food can be filled in the liquidizing jar.
The Bajaj Food Factory Processor is capable of chopping, slicing, shredding, as well as grating all the fruit and vegetable items without any difficulty. One can whip cream for pastries and cakes, make chutneys and purees, prepare batters, and all of this is possible by using the multiple processing jars available with the product. The processor has an interlocking system for the jars of the processor to prevent any accident and injuries.
- Easy to use and maintain
- Interlocking system in the jars
- Not noisy/ silent
- Multiple jars and movable parts
- Not easy to clean
- No instruction or demo book or CD to explain the working
3. Usha Food Processor (2663) 600 – Watt with 3 Jars (White)
- Food processor: Mincing, shredding, slicing, atta kneading, blending, juicing, dry and wet grinding
- Separate whipper and overload reset switch
- Watt: 600- Watt processor
- Jars: 2 Jars
- Capacity of Jars: 0.4 L and 1.5 L
- USP: ABS plastic body
- Warranty: 5-Year
The Usha Food Processor (2663) 600- Watt with 3 Jars (White) is the ultimate food processor for the kitchen. The food processor has three jars and a total of 10 attachments that come along with the main body of the processor and is one of the best deals that one can get.
The glossy white body of the processor gives it a classy and robust finish and the processor looks attractive and is worth investing your money in. The food processor comes with an inbuilt locking mechanism which makes sure that the consumer or the user is safe while using the processor. The food processor will not start unless the jars and the other attachments have been connected to it properly.
The processor is a multi-purpose product used for mincing, grating, shredding, blending, slicing, kneading, wet grinding, and juicing. There are different blade attachments such as the Atta kneading blade, the Shredding blade fine, Stem bush, French Fries blade, Chopping blade, and others. All the blades have been made from stainless steel which has been hardened and comes with protective covers.
- Suited for multitasking
- Various parts – various purposes
- Inbuilt locking mechanism
- Power and overload indicator
- Anti-skid feet
- Problematic different blades
- Too tight safety lid
4. Singer Foodista Plus 600 Watts Food Processor with 14 Attachments
- Sturdy & Powerful 600 Watts Motor
- 3 Speed Control with Incher. Designed with Built-in Locking System considering user's Safety
- Watt: 600 food processor
- Jars: 3 Jars
- Capacity of Jars: 300ml, 1 L and 1.5 L
- USP: French fries blade
- Warranty: 2-years product + 5 years motor
The Singer Foodista plus 600 Watts Food Processor with 14 Attachments is one of the food processors that has faced tough competition and has emerged as one of the best food processors in the Indian market today. The Singer food processor is very adaptable and is among the best ones produced and launched by the Singers.
It is capable of performing all tasks from a mixer to a grinder to a juicer. The machine does not require much but only 600 watts of power to function and operate to the best if its capacity. The product is exceptionally feasible and also affordable. It helps in making your life easier by saving both your time and energy and performing all the tasks very efficiently.
The package has a demo CD which helps the consumers and the users understand the product better and know exactly how it is to function. The CD also helps the users in understanding the uses and the functions of different parts and the attachments of the food processor. The processor has received excellent ratings from the users and has been suggested as one of the good ones by critics.
- Dry grinding jar grinds dry food items very smoothly
- No lumps, smooth texture
- Strong and durable mixture
- Unbreakable liquidizing jar; processing bowl
- Blades & cutters of stainless steel
- Coconut milk, beetroot, and carrot cannot be juiced in the centrifugal blade
- Fruits & Vegetable pulp is wasted
5. Kenstar Karishma Royal 600 – Watt Multi-Processor (White)
- Watt: 600 watts+ 220-240 volts
- Jars: 2 stainless jars
- Capacity of: 1.5 L and 0.4 L
- USP: micro safety switch
- Warranty: 2-Years
The Kenstar Karishma Royal 600 – Watt Multi-Processor is the best gadget for those who have to manage their entire household single-handedly and work a lot. The processor is a multi-purpose machine and is capable of performing all cooking tasks to help you relax from your hectic schedule and decrease the tediousness of functions.
The food processor is a beautiful companion one can have with them in the kitchen. The food processor has been designed to perform tasks such as kneading, juicing, besides chutney grinding, grating, slicing, blending, and shredding. To process a lot of ingredients, the motor utilizes a total of 600 watts of power.
The processor has a lavish and attractive looking white body and the processor is not just sought after for the functions that it has to provide but also for its stunning looks. The product has a plastic body and is a durable food processor as compared to other similar food processors.
- Vacuum suction feet
- Good power system; no heating up
- Handy for grating & chopping vegetables
- Storage convenience
- Ten multi-purpose attachments
- Problematic centrifugal juicing
- Problematic jar
6. Preethi Zodiac MG 218 750-Watt Mixer Grinder with 5 Jars (Black/Light Grey)
- India's No 1 Mixer-Grinder Brand(as per Francis Kanoi) ; Performance Features: This Preethi mixer grinder has a powerful motor that ensures robust operations
- Master Chef + Jar for food processing capabilities: Atta Kneading in 1 min, Chopping in just 2 pulses, Grating and Slicing in seconds, Meat mincing in minutes and Citrus Press
- Watt: 750-watt processor
- Jar: 5 jar
- Capacity of Jar: not mentioned
- USP: noise level operator 80Db
- Warranty: 2 years product + 5 years motor
The Preethi Zodiac MG 218 750-Watt Mixer Grinder is a product that is wonderful in itself and has a high Vega 5 motor which is embedded in the machine itself and can grind food items like turmeric in about two minutes. The Preethi Zodiac food processor is the first mixer grinder which has ROHS compliant. The food processor has a total of a 215-hours motor endurance test.
Along with that, it has a 30-min grinding test, 2000 cycles of jar durability test, 10 hours blade reliability test, 5000 cycles of rotary switch test, and as a whole it is a product that can almost replace your entire kitchen. A point to keep in mind is that there may be a burning smell during the first few uses and this is normal because of the varnish coating on the motor. This will cease to happen after a few uses.
For tough grinding such as grinding masala, idli batter, or turmeric – one should use mixer grinders with a wattage rating of 750 watts or more. One should let the motor cool down for some time between product uses. Most MGs are accompanied with overload protection and this feature automatically turns off the motor if it is overheating.
- Fast motor speed
- Master chef jars
- Chopping vegetables with four pulses at the same time
- User-friendly juicer
- Elegant design
- Cheap plastic
7. Philips Food Processor HL1661 700 Watts with Chutney Jar
- Compact and easy to Assemble
- Small Chutney Jar and Blender Jar - for Shakes and Smoothies
- Watt: 700 watt
- Jar: 2 Jars
- Capacity of Jar: 1L and 1.5 L
- USP: flour kneading jar
- Warranty: 2year+1 year extend
The Philips Food Processor HL1661 700 Watts is one of the best food processors in terms of the features it has to offer and also in terms of its looks as well. The Philips Food Processor has one good point that the accessories and all the attachments of the food processor are entirely dishwasher safe and easy to clean. It is also easy to assemble the product and the accessories of the product.
To get the best results, one must use the low-speed settings of around speed 1 to beat egg whites, cream and to make dough for pastries and bread. The higher speed setting of 2 is suitable and meant for chopping vegetables like onion and to cut meat, to blend soups and smoothies, or to grate, slice, rasp, or shred vegetables.
The Philips Food Processor HL1661 700 Watts is one food processor that will help you save your time and energy and make your cooking much more fun and easy, and you can invest this time and energy doing something you love and with your near and dear ones. The food processor comes with a total of 9 attachments.
- Food processor works on PowerChop Technology
- Compact design
- A700 Watt motor
- Sturdy & stable base
- Food-Grade Plastic
- High-Quality Stainless Steel Jars
- Little expensive
8. Inalsa Food Processor INOX 1000-Watt (Black/Silver)
- Spend Less Time In The Kitchen-This multi-function 1000W food processor does it all! Ideal for busy kitchens when space is at a premium. Deal with any tasks including grinding,blending,mixing & juicing.Perform multiple tasks with just one appliance, Dual Pusher System for Big and Small Sizes of Vegetables and Fruits
- Unlimited Functions - This appliance is suitable for chopping, shredding, slicing and emulsifying foods. It can make citrus and vegetable juice, beat cake batter and egg whites, knead bread-dough & grind meats and vegetable
- Watt: 1000 Watt
- Jar: 3 jars
- Capacity: 400ml, 1L and 1.5L
- USP: wide feeder tube
- Warranty: 2 years motor
The Inalsa Food Processor has a stainless steel body and a transparent blender jar available with it and is among the most sought after food processors in the market in the current time. The Inalsa Food Processor INOX 1000 comes with a safety feature that provides a Safe Operation to the users and this is the Safety Sensor Device. Because of this feature, the motor does not run until the parts of the model have not been attached and fitted properly.
The product is all about the safety of the user and the lock of the model will not allow the motor to work even if the main Rotary switch is ON if the parts are not attached well. Other than this the device has the Overheat Safety Protection feature which turns the motor OFF automatically if it is overloaded or gets too hot.
The processor can perform unlimited functions such as shredding, slicing, chopping, and emulsifying food functions. The capacity of the main bowl of the processor is 2.4 Liter which is ideal for the preparation of big meals. The processor has a stylish look and is worth investing in as it saves plenty of time, energy and money for the consumers.
- Multipurpose jar
- Stainless steel jars
- Easy swapping of attachments
- Quiet processor
- Wide feeder tube
- Little expensive
- Not very strong/durable
9. Morphy Richards Icon Dlx 1000-Watt Food Processor (Black)
- The epitome of precision, speed & 1000W power with Square shaped jars with Quadra flow technology.
- 4 Jars for Various Functions: Chutney jar- 400 ml, Grinding jar- 1 ltr, Liquidising Jar- 1.5 ltr, Processing Jar- 2.4 ltr.
- Watt: 1000 watt
- Jar: 4 jars
- Capacity of Jar: 400ml, 1L, 1.5L,and 2.4L
- USP: Quadra flow technology
- Warranty: 2-year (product+motor)
The Morphy Richards Icon Dlx is one food processor that gives the user speed, power, and precision at the same time and much more than this as well. The food processor offers a wide range of unmatched functions. The processor is so efficient that it saves about 80% of the time of the user and performs all of the kitchen tasks efficiently.
The food processor can do everything in no time from shredding, kneading, slicing, grating, chopping, whisking and blending milkshakes and eggs, juicing fruits and so much more. The product has a total of 11 attachments which comprise six blades made of stainless steel and a total of 7-step disc blades that offer the user slicing options of 7 different types of thickness and four jars which include a huge jar with a capacity of 2.4 liters.
The processor comes with a dual pusher for the juicer and it has a powerful motor that has 1000 watts gripping power. One needs to switch on the machine and perform any of the 16 functions to get the best cooking experience according to the need of the user. The Quadra flow technology acts as a flow breaker and helps in achieving the finest quality of grinding.
- Inbuilt locking mechanism
- Automatic sensing; does not start with an unlocked machine
- Convenient and quick
- Elegant look
- Not durable material
- Wiring dysfunction & malfunctioning
10. Wonderchef Turbo Dual Speed Food Processor (Black)
- Watt: no watt, turbo food processor
- Jar: 1 jar
- Capacity of Jar: not mentioned
- USP: Dual-speed processor
- Warranty: 2-years
The food processor is the perfect processor to have in your kitchen to perform functions such as mincing, slicing, shredding, chopping, cutting, and other tasks that are performed in the kitchen. It has a unique dual-speed design that facilitates the tasks in minimal time with minimal efforts and the gear settings can be changed according to the requirement of the user.
The Wonderchef Turbo Dual Speed Food Processor is made from polycarbonate plastic which has been molded to suit the needs of the user and the blades are made from superior quality stainless steel and this ensures the durability of the process or even after regular use. The processor also has a plastic plunge to give the best results to the user and also to ensure their safety while cooking.
The Wonderchef food processor helps you prepare delicious food for your entire family and saves a lot of your time and energy. The first gear setting of the processor is suited for chopping functions and the fourth gear setting should be taken up to perform tasks such as shredding which require more power and this gives quicker results.
- Consistent & precise design
- Value for money
- Dual speed
- Attractive look
- Separate whipper
- Not of high quality
- The lid of the jar gets stuck at times
Buyer’s guide to buy the Best Food Processors
The article has already given you the details of the best food processors that are currently present in the market along with the features and the pros and cons of each of the food processors. However, other than these specifications, there are a few points and factors that one must always keep in mind when buying a food processor. These have been given below:
Choosing the right food processor to meet you and your family’s needs is determined by the size of the family and this, in turn, determines the bowl capacity. In the case of a family of four, the capacity can be close to 10 cups on average. However, in the cases where you need to make more substantial meals, you need to ensure that the bowl capacity is much more than that or is at least 14 cups. However, this capacity is usually only required in cases of commercial cooking.
A useful, efficient and versatile food processor should consist of different types of blades to meet the diverse needs of each member of a family and also to perform various functions. These functions include grating, shredding, slicing, chopping, and other functions. Other than this, one should also pay attention to the material used in the making of the blades. It should be ensured that the blades are made of high-quality material. The blades made of stainless steel are the best and the most durable of all available options.
The standard warranty for any of the electronic appliances for domestic use is generally one year. However, there are a few manufacturers in the market who have high regard for their product. Therefore, they extend the warranty period to the food processor accordingly. Generally, the extended warranty rather than being applied to the entire machine or the body of the processor is only specific to the motor. On the other hand, some of the best food processors also offer a warranty on the other extended parts of the processor. Thus, it is essential to go through the details of the warranty period while looking to buy a food processor and decide accordingly.
The power consumption in the case of a food processor depends on the function being performed by the machine. Simple tasks like chopping or cutting food products such as meat or vegetables would not require a lot of power. On the other hand, functions such as dough mixing and kneading do require a lot of power and force. Depending on the intended use and requirements, one must choose the wattage of the processor carefully. To be on the safe side, it has been observed that motors that have a power wattage of more than 700 watts are more efficient in performing even the tougher and the more complex tasks. Thus, one must consider the power factor before getting a new food processor.
When buying a food processor, the stability of the body of the processor is a significant factor to be kept in mind. Some of the massive bodies can result in producing powerful vibrations and can lead to more heat build-up. One must choose a food processor with a wide base, solid and sturdy built and durable body. The wide base gives stability to the food processor and prevents it from moving around the kitchen counter. The food processors with a wider base contribute to their capacity to withhold a high amount of force while efficiently performing more complicated tasks. The quality of the material that goes into the making of the body of the food processor should also be useful. It should be such that it can be used for longer durations without the body getting overheated.
Most of the food processors come with a total of three significant controls which are the ON, OFF and the PULSE. In most of the food processors, these three controls are more than enough. On the other hand, when using the food processor, there are some of the functions that require more speed controls. An example of this can be the function of mixing the dough, which requires different mixing speeds. Before investing in a particular food processor, one should make sure that it has the controls that are required to perform the intended actions and tasks.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) regarding Food Processors
1. Are these food processors’ dishwasher safe?
All the parts of the dishwasher that are removable can be safely used in the dishwasher other than the motor of the machine.
2. Can one see chop frozen meat and hard vegetables and fruits in these food processors?
Yes, frozen meat and hard vegetables and fruits can be chopped in the food processors. However, one needs to be careful when chopping frozen beef. There is a chance that the appliance in such a case may heat up, resulting in damage to the entire system. Therefore, it is advised that one thaws the meat before putting it in the juicer.
3. What needs to be done to puree hard ingredients?
If you want to puree hard ingredients, you should first chop them into small dices and pieces and then gradually add them instead of stuffing them directly into the processor.
4. Does one need to change or alter the speed of the processor when shredding?
Yes, one should reduce the speed of the processor when carrying out any functions like shredding, slicing, and grating, especially in cases where one is using soft ingredients. However, it is advised to increase the speed when shredding hard vegetables.
5. Can the primary attachment be used for kneading dough?
The majority of food processors have a separate attachment to knead the dough and it is advised that one uses this particular attachment. However, the kneading of the dough for a cake can be done in the primary attachment.
6. Can the jug blender be used to crush ice?
Yes, it is straightforward to crush ice using the jug blender. Just switch off the motor and place the ice inside. Turn it on once the lid has been put on safely.
7. What does it mean if my food processor stops suddenly?
The only possible reason this may happen is the overload of ingredients. If such a thing happens, remove some of the ingredients and try starting it again and it will work.
8. Can sugarcane juice be extracted from the food processors?
No, one cannot extract sugarcane juice from such appliances and food processors.
The food processors given in the list above only differ on some grounds from each other and are more or less the same. The food processors are similar in their making and composition, in their safety systems, in terms of the controls and the functions, warranties, and the other factors. Therefore, one can go with any of these food processors as all of them are the top food processors. This depends on the preference and the budget of the user and the consumer.
However, if out of all these one is still confused as to which one to buy and invest their money in, our analysis and the critics suggest that the best ones among these would be the Morphy Richards Icon Dlx 1000-Watt Food Processor, the Wonderchef Turbo Dual Speed Food Processor, the Philips Food Processor HL1661 700 Watts Food Processor, and the Singer Foodista (2663) 600 Watts Food Processor.
These offer the best functions and value for money and have received excellent ratings from the critics and the consumers as well. One can choose among these food processors after making sure that they meet the requirements and the intended use of the consumer. Investments should be made only after correctly understanding what the processor has to offer and whether it meets the demands of the consumers entirely or to the maximum extent.
Best Sanitary Pads in India | Best Sanitary Napkins – Reviews & FAQs
Health and hygiene go hand in hand. Female health is often compromised due to a lack of proper sanitation and...
Best Blender for Smoothies in India – Reviews & FAQs
Health comes first and therefore we are here with the list of best blender for smoothies in India. A little...
Types of Home Theatre Systems – Everything You Need To Know!
A home theater, which is also commonly known as home cinema, is a combination of audio and video components. It...
Best Fairness Cream for Men in India – 2019 (Reviews & FAQs)
Stereotype social behaviour with men finding beautifying products is primarily held and results in very fewer options. So, to tackle...
The Pros and Cons of Multi-Camera Smartphone in 2020
Smartphones have become a vital part of our daily lives. The separation from a smartphone for a day would be...
Best Lunch Box for Office in India – 2019 (Reviews & FAQs)
Taking lunch to the office seems to be a very cumbersome task. Risk of spilling, lunch getting cold, and many...
Difference Between BLDC (Brushless DC), Induction Motor And Inverter Motor Technology
These days efficient motors can be found with much wide application in most of our household appliances that work on...