With the increasing pollution, global warming and changing lifestyles, skincare is the most sought after areas in dermatology nowadays. Pollution and food consumption habits age our skin much faster and it becomes difficult to take out time for routine skincare practices in today’s fast-paced world. We all need an easy solution that gives us the best results in the least efforts. You may have heard of the healing effects of Vitamin C for the skin.
Vitamin C is considered to be a potent antioxidant that aids your skin’s natural regeneration process reducing the fine lines and repairs the damaged skin cells. It also restrains the production of a pigment that leads to discolouration, dark spots and uneven skin. We have listed down some of the best Vitamin C Serums available in India for maintaining flawless, ageless and spotless skin.
Top 10 Best Vitamin C Serum in India for face:
|Image||Name of Product||Features||Check Price|
|Himalayan Organics Vitamin C Serum for Face||Check On Amazon|
|Irem Vitamin C Serum for Face||Check On Amazon|
|Matra Vitamin C Ultra Glow Serum||Check On Amazon|
|UrbanGabru Vitamin C Serum for face||Check On Amazon|
|Beautycote 20% Vitamin C Facial Serum||Check On Amazon|
|The Body Avenue Vitamin C Serum for Face||Check On Amazon|
|StBotanica Vitamin C, E and Hyaluronic Face Serum||Check On Amazon|
|Seven Skies Vitamin C Serum||Check On Amazon|
|Honest Choice Vitamin C Serum||Check On Amazon|
|Khadi Global Vitamin C Serum||Check On Amazon|
1.Himalayan Organics Vitamin C Serum for Face
- Ingredients: Vitamin C, Retinol, Niacinamide, Botanical Hyaluronic Acid and nourishing plant extracts
- Weight: 30 ml
The blend of Vitamin C, Hyaluronic Acid and Vitamin E in the Himalayan Organics Vitamin C Serum gently works on your skin reversing the damage caused by environment and time. It makes your skin brighter, tighter, smoother and clearer, reduces wrinkles and evens skin tone.
Use it in the morning and night for radiant, firm and youthful skin.
- Suitable for oily to normal skin
- Made from a cruelty-free formula
- May cause irritation to very sensitive skin
2.Irem Vitamin C Serum for Face
- Ingredients: Vitamin C, Hyaluronic acid, Ferulic acid, Aloe Vera and Grape seed extract
- Weight: 30 ml
With the benefits of Vitamin C, Hyaluronic acid and Ferulic acid all combined in one product, the Irem Vitamin C Serum not only reverses the ageing effect of your skin, but it also improves the damages caused by sunburns and acne.
The Hyaluronic acid used in the serum works towards producing more collagen protein that reduces the effects of ageing making your skin look wrinkle-free, toned, and brighter than before.
- Effective for sensitive skin
- Non-greasy, light-weight serum
- Reduces wrinkles, fine lines, dark spots and lightens skin tone
- May have ill effects if combined with any other cream or gel
3.Matra Vitamin C Ultra Glow Serum
- Ingredients: Aqua, 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Sodium Hyaluronate, Benzyl Alcohol (and) Ethylhexylglycerin (and) Tocopherol, Vitamin E
- Weight: 15 ml
Matra Vitamin C Ultra Glow Serum is an all-rounder serum that protects and heals your skin with the goodness of Ethylhexylglycerin which is a natural preservative derived from vegetable glycerin.
It contains Ethyl Ascorbic Acid that penetrates deep within the pores and chucks aways your skin woes such as damage from sun and pollution to give you supple, firm and flawless skin.
- Provides protection from UVA and UVB rays
- Reduces skin decolouration
4.UrbanGabru Vitamin C Serum for face
- Ingredients: Vitamin C, Hyaluronic Acid, Aloe Vera, Grape Seed Extracts, Glycerin
- Weight: 30 ml
The UrbanGabru Vitamin C Serum is infused with the goodness of Aloe Vera and grape seed extracts. The Grape seed extract has a diminishing effect on wrinkles, fine lines and age spots while Aloe Vera works as an anti-inflammatory element and balances skin’s PH Level.
It gives intense moisturization to your skin, improves texture and reduces puffiness promoting skin elasticity.
- Balances PH level of your skin
- Reduces under-eye circles
- May not provide results for hyperpigmentation
- May cause harshness to sensitive skin
5.Beautycote 20% Vitamin C Facial Serum
- Ingredients: 20% Vitamin C + Hyaluronic Acid + Ferulic Acid + Vitamin E oil, Basil Extract, Allantoin, Witch Hazel Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, Mandarin Oil, Glycerin, Green Tea Extract
- Weight: 30 ml
As the composition of collagen reduces in your body, it leads to the appearance of fine lines, age spots and discolouration.
Beautycote Vitamin C serum, made in India, is a combination of all the vitamins and plant-based ingredients that counter the effects caused by sun damage, time, environment and food & smoking habits. It brings your skin’s natural glow and radiance back, making your skin smoother and brighter.
- Reduces acne
- May not work on chronic pigmentation
- May cause breakouts on oily skin
6.The Body Avenue Vitamin C Serum for Face
- Ingredients: Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Basil Extract, Mandarin Oil, Ginger Oil, Hyaluronic Acid, Witch Hazel Extract, Allantoin, Aqua
- Weight: 30 ml
The Body Avenue Vitamin C Serum is a blend of natural ingredients and essential vitamins that deeply hydrates your skin, brings back your natural glow and maintains it. The witch hazel extracts, ginger oil and mandarin oil replenishes and rejuvenates your skin, removes pigmentation, marks and spots.
Unlike other serums, it is paraben-free hence preventing any side effects from coming your way. It provides complete protection from UVA and UVB rays and repels unwanted damages. Apply a few drops of this serum every night on your skin for firmer, energetic and spotless skin.
- Soothes pigmentation
- Exfoliates your skin
7.StBotanica Vitamin C, E and Hyaluronic Face Serum
- Ingredients: Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Hyaluronic Acid, Bergamot Oil, Geranium Oil. Jojoba Oil, Natural Extracts of Witch Hazel, Aloe Vera, Green Tea, Gotu Kola, Horsetail, and Matricaria Flower
- Weight: 20 ml
With a unique formulation of Vitamin C, Vitamin E, essential oils and natural plant extracts, StBotanica Face Serum revitalizes skin ageing and restores skin to its natural youthful appearance.
The plant extracts soothe, brighten and freshen the skin and boost collagen production making you feel younger and more confident than before.
- No Paraben, Sulfate/Silicon, Mineral Oils
- Cruelty-Free, Vegan Product
8.Seven Skies Vitamin C Serum
- Ingredients: Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Hyaluronic Acid, Witch Hazel Extracts, Aloe Vera Extracts, Grape Seed Extracts
- Weight: 30 ml
The Seven Skies Vitamin C Serum is a composition of natural extracts which are potentially used to smoothen, brighten, and hydrate your skin. All the ingredients together fight acne, blemishes, wrinkles, discolouration, blackheads, dark spots and hyperpigmentation.
This serum gives instant nourishment to the skin and helps retain its natural flawlessness. It works as a skin toner by tightening the pores, giving you a supple look.
- Fights hyperpigmentation
- Suitable for all skin types
9.Honest Choice Vitamin C Serum
- Ingredients: Vitamin C, Retinol and Hyaluronic Acid
- Weight: 30 ml
The Honest Choice Vitamin C Serum is a fusion of retinol, Hyaluronic Acid and Vitamin C which are known to have reversing effects on the damage caused by the sun, pollution, food habits, smoke, impurities, stress and makeup. Retinol actively promotes collagen.
It is a non-sticky and light formula absorbed easily by the skin. Vitamin C reverses the ageing effects on the skin making it look plump and fresh.
- Compatible with other skincare products
- Actively works against pigmentation
- May have a bad smell
10.Khadi Global Vitamin C Serum
- Ingredients: Plant-Based Ferulic Acid, Vegan Glutathione, Hyaluronic Acid, Sea Buckthorn Extract, Carrot Seed Oil, Rosehip Oil, Argan Oil, Aloe Vera, Vitamin C, Botanical Hyaluronic Acid, Witch Hazel, Vitamin E, Vegetable Glycerol, Organic Gotu Kola, Wildcrafted Dandelion, Wildcrafted Geranium, Jojoba Oil, Lemonade Extract, Nagpur Orange Extract, Ethyl Hexyl Glycerol.
- Weight: 30 ml
The Khadi Global Vitamin C Serum is a unique combination of several natural plant extracts and essential oils that alleviates the signs of ageing and fights the effects of pollution and UV rays decreasing fine lines, wrinkles giving you spotless, plump and youthful skin.
This product also has fairness benefits due to the presence of Vegan Glutathione which promotes lighter complexion and gives you healthy skin. With the plant-based ferulic acid, it has potent antioxidant properties that help in fighting free radicals hence maintaining the natural glow and radiance of your skin.
- A cruelty-free product
- 100 per cent natural and vegan
- No paraben and silicone
- May not be effective for pigmentation
Frequently Asked Questions for Best Vitamin C Serum in India
1. Which is the best Vitamin C Serum available in India?
We have compiled a list of the top Vitamin C serums available in our country. The abovementioned list features some of the best products available in the line of Vitamin C Serums. All of the products mentioned in the list have had great results on the users. Among these, Himalayan Organics Vitamin C Serum for Face, Irem Vitamin C Serum for Face, Matra Vitamin C Ultra Glow Serum, Seven Skies Vitamin C Serum are our favourites.
2. What Vitamin C Serum is the most effective?
This article features some of the most effective serums for your skin. Although if you have overly sensitive skin type, we would recommend Irem Vitamin C Serum, The Body Avenue Vitamin C Serum and Seven Skies Vitamin C Serum. Choose your serum carefully considering your skin type, any allergies, and ingredients of the product. Some may have no effect of highly pigmented skin while some may cause irritation and breakouts on your skin.
3. What is the best time to apply Vitamin C Serum?
You can apply this serum in the morning after washing your face with a cleanser and at night before going to bed. Although application before going to bed at night is considered the best time as your body is in a relaxed state hence it works more effectively at night in reversing the damages and producing the required proteins in the body.
4. Can I use lemon juice instead of Vitamin C Serum?
No. The Serums have a diluted form of Vitamin C along with other beneficial ingredients such as plant extracts and essential oils. Serums are formulated after research considering different factors such as skin types, the effects of all the ingredients on skin, PH levels, etc. Lemon, when applied directly on the face, may cause irritation and dryness and nothing more.
5. Can I use Vitamin C serum everyday?
Yes, Vitamin C Serums are designed and formulated for everyday use typically once or twice a day after washing and toning your face. The package generally carries a direction to use where the instruction and the frequency of application are mentioned. It is advisable to follow the instruction given on the product’s packaging or manual.
6. Does Vitamin C make skin darker?
Some products may have harsh effects on your skin depending on your skin type and the ingredients present in the product causing your skin to darken. Sometimes it’s also because of an oxidized bottle (usually the serum turns dark brown with slimy or soapy consistency). You must always check the product’s colour and consistency before applying.
7. Does Vitamin C have side effects?
Like any other skincare product, some people may experience side effects because of vitamin C serum as well. Some of the common problems that may arise are irritation, breakouts, dryness, etc. It may happen depending upon various factors such as the product’s composition and its suitability on your skin. Sensitive skin is often prone to having side effects. Therefore you must choose carefully considering the composition of the product, your skin type, allergies, if any, etc. It is always advisable to consult a dermatologist if you have overly sensitive skin.
8. Does Vitamin C serum lighten your skin?
Melanin is a pigment that causes discolouration like hyperpigmentation, dark spots and uneven skin tone. Vitamin C restrains the production of melanin and hence it lightens and brightens your skin tone giving you fairer, brighter and lighter skin.
9. How do I apply Vitamin C serum to my face?
Going by the thumb rule, It can be applied once or twice a day, generally after cleasing and toning your face (Some serums also work as toners, omitting the need to use a toner separately), but before applying a moisturizer. Take a few drops in your palm (or as advised on the packaging), massage gently on your face and neck with the help of your fingertips. Do not be harsh or rough while applying the serum on your face.
10. How long does it take for Vitamin C serum to work?
In most cases, it takes around two to four weeks to see a visible difference on your face. Regular application of Vitamin C serum for at least a month will offer great results such as skin lightening, smaller pores, reduced wrinkles, and comparatively firmer and better skin.
The products mentioned in the list above give you quite many options of Vitamin C serums to choose from. All the products mentioned above are carefully picked and reviewed keeping in mind your basic needs. The article covers needs like skin lightening, anti-acne, anti-pollution, anti-ageing, pigmentation etc. How we look is undoubtedly one of the factors that affect our confidence level and we hope you have chosen the best serum for yourself and your loved ones for your beautiful and flawless skin.